View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 01:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello Sun!

Our partners sometimes get tired of hearing about our pain. I know it is hard not to complain - but I too have to grin and bear it sometimes. Being disabled was hard for me to accept as well. I am only 44 and have to use a cane now.

But I have had to learn how to accept my situation. I continually research my back injury to see if the medical community has come up with something new that can possibly help me with this terrible pain.

Coping - learning how to live "one day at a time" sometimes one minute at a time or even less, stretching, living healthy and having someone to talk to is very helpful - especially if they understand exactly where I am coming from.

I do what I can, and accept that. I try to live without medications but lately that has been impossible. They do not seem to help anyway. I paint, draw, write and visit my garden as much as I can. I have learned my limitations and do not sit for too long, prop my back when I need to - and escape to the sauna when the pain gets too great in the winter.

I wish you all the best - and maybe a note to your partner explaining how you feel - how painful life is sometimes may help him/her become more understanding. I know that is how I got my partner interested and supportative.

Take care
Kim
Life is a series of mountains and valleys, some days we travel up the mountain effortlessly, some days we fall into the valley - what's important is.....we get up and climb that mountain again ~Quote by Julia Diemientieff, my Grandmother....Yup'ik Elder from Bethel, Alaska
AK Kid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Honolulu Robin (05-27-2009)