View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 07:34 PM

Location: GulfCoastSouth .... April 2014 rudely displanted to the cold wet windy gloomy NW coast.
10 yr Member

Location: GulfCoastSouth .... April 2014 rudely displanted to the cold wet windy gloomy NW coast.
10 yr Member

claritan wrote: " i think once you hit your head your a changed person for life "
__________________________________________________ _________
This is very true for many of us.
Fortunately pertiman, chris, claritan, each of you have younger-age onset of injury on your side. Which is in all of this for you a plus, a good thing going for you.

pertiman, you are wise to be mindful of your computer use re: " I have to use a computer virtually everyday for uni (papers to write, info to look up, etc...) but I'll definitely try to stay on these types of devices as little as possible.

It's an 'easy' one to 'not think about', easy to overdo it w/o knowing that we are, and to not know it until after the fact of having already overdone our capacity in one sitting. I still sometimes have to do my work in 5-10 minute sessions, walk away from it, go outside, pull weeds or rake leaves, do something entirely different that doesn't require such focus & concentration --- (although it often 'feels' like it doesn't, I know.) It's easy to feel like "It's easy for me", i.e. is not 'costing' us, when in fact it often is & we don't know it; until later, e.g. we find ourselves 'spent' or other symptoms exacerbated & can't imagine why.

It's the same with driving --- it's a skill that we take for granted.
It in fact is a very complex activity requiring great concentration, focus of attention, and brain-energy capacity.

Quote from hockey a few years ago: "I hear your frustration about working out with PCS. What helps me, and might help you, is to carefully monitor your heart rate during exercise. Over time you may be able to establish a "safe range" where you can exercise without making your headache, etc... worse. Cheers."

Good luck to you. Take it easy, Guys. Sounds like you're doing well with taking care.

Last edited by Theta Z; 11-05-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Theta Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote