View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 07:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Re: Cymbalta

Hi Birchlake!

Regarding your question about Cymbalta- Everyone is different, and I'm not a doctor of course, but since you ask, I feel obliged to share my experience...

Mine is a Cautionary Tale! Please be careful with this med... Although it is possible with any anti-depressant (which Cymbalta technically is), soon after I began taking it, my depression worsened DRASTICALLY, and I became suicidal! I have been on a few different anti-depressants in my life, and this has never happened before. It was SCARY!

Now, I am 25, so a "young adult", right at the end of the "danger zone" age for anti-depressants (I believe), when they are more likely to cause suicidal thoughts, so that is something that might have had a hand in my reaction.

I am grateful that I was cognizant of my state of mind enough to realize what was happening, and quickly called my doc, who took me off it right away (I hadn't been taking it long enough to need to 'ween off it' yet).

So if you decide to go with it, I just suggest to be cautious. But I hope you find relief, and don't have the same experience I did, because I'm told it is very helpful for many people! Best of luck to you!

SnowWhyte is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
birchlake (11-05-2012), ginnie (11-05-2012)