View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 01:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Mark,

I'd definitely ask for a referral to a rheumatologist (or, rheumy. as some say ).

Have you possibly tried water therapy? or physical therapy that has a water program? The weightlessness might make it possible for joint movement without pain increase.

If your skin is burning from the Cream, it doesn't seem that that's the "right" match for trying to ease your symptoms. Seriously.

There are other NSAIDs (non steroidal anti inflammatories) that might work in a more targetted way for you, and especially for your joints.

My rheumy. currently has me taking Mobic for my knees and ankles. It's a bit rough on my stomach (despite taking it after eating), yet it has decreased the pain in my knees quite substantially. Mobic isn't ideal for everyone; it's just an example of another NSAIDs. One that could possibly work better for you is something that could be discovered by trial-and-error; it is, admittedly, a tedius process of elimination but an important one (so that the med. doesn't do more harm to someone than possible good).

I don't know if you may have visited the following site, yet it does have some good info. about medications, and conditions:

http://www.arthritisinsight.com/

Not knowing how long it's been since you were dx'd, I don't know if you are also aware of the Arthritis Foundation (AF):

http://www.arthritis.org/

In my estimation, I've not found one that tops it in terms of breadth of information and longevity. It's premier and I'd be surprised to find a rheumy. whom hasn't heard of the AF; many rheumatologists have its brochures and also free patient copies of the AF's magazine, which also presents some excellent articles/tips respective of living with arthritis.

Of course it totally bites having arthrits. Though no one can magically take away the pain and there is no cure for arthritis, thank goodness there are people looking for ways and sharing some that might help ease the pain of living with arthritis.

Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote