Thread: Cracked Rib?
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 11:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkl626 View Post
http://news.wustl.edu/news/Pages/23439.aspx

This refers to venous TOS but I wonder if it can also contribute to Neurogenic TOS. I have always thought my problems started with a rib problem in my scalpula area. Now I have it again but worse. Its also Interesting that Dr. Thompson says he takes out the WHOLE RIB and is one of the only Dr.s that do that with 2 incisions. I may be asking for an MRI as they cant be seen in x-rays or ct scans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkl626 View Post
I went to my acupuncturist on Wednesday and he is usually the person I go to who I know that I will feel better afterwards,even if its just for a day or so but he was pressing on my upperback (he does massage sometimes afterwards) and I heard it crack. He said it was my Thoracic spine and i need it adjusted, but it hurt right afterwards and it still hurts. It is a diffterent kind of pain than my TOS pain as it hurts when I move,breathe or cough. Its a sharp pain in my scalpula.it could be my rhomboid but It feels like he cracked a rib!! Ironically my regular TOS pain is gone at the moment. I am going back to see him tomorrow but I told him just to do acupuncture. I am hoping it is just temporary, but it is the same spot that I originally injured in yoga that started this whole mess. I see my doc on Tuesday for more injections so I am going to ask her for an x-ray-Ive never had my ribs or upper back x-rayed, just my neck and the bp mri.

I have read that a cracked rib can mimic TOS symptoms.Anybody have any thoughts?
Hey JKl sorry to hear about your potentially cracked rib. Have you scheduled your MRI? I think in terms of taking out the whole rib, it is probably best to find a Dr who can do that but keep in mind that you may not even need the rib to be taken out. My surgeons thought they would definitely need to take my cervical rib and probably my first rib as well and ended up leaving both since they said neither were compressing my thoracic outlet or "the cervical rib was nowhere near your brachial plexus" is what I was told. But I do have an elevated rib and since I am not improving yet I do wonder if they should have taken it/them. But then again I went to two of the top as you know, so I try not to question their judgment. I am saying all this because I remember you initially just wanted a scalenectomy. Anyway, keep us posted on how everything goes!
parbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote