View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 12:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Have New SCS

After two back surgeries, one with spinal fusion L4 & L5, then stenosis is L3, I continued having back pain to the extent that I could only walk about one block. If I did any activity, such as cleaning my house, I would by bent over double with back pain. Had an MRI, after which neurosurgeon told me additional surgery would be of no use and he suggested I do the trial SCS implant. Trial gave me around 95% pain relief, so went ahead with the permanent implant. Have met with the Boston Scientific tech a couple of times to tweak the settings; but we still don't have them quite right. Will need to work more on the settings to get it to my liking; BUT the pain relief is amazing. Last weekend, I went to an RV Rally at Daytona Speedway and walked around the exhibits - with NO PAIN. I did turn over wrong one night and had a sharp stinging pain around the IPG (battery pack implanted in my hip), but feel that was probably skin or hip tissue stuck to the surgery sight and breaking lose. Stimulation is still working fine. I will see the tech within the next week to have it checked and also do some more tweaking of my four settings. No regrets of having the implant as I can now climb a flight of stairs one foot at a time - where before it was a struggle to make it going both feet per step.
mags1939 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
NerPain4 (01-12-2013), Rrae (11-07-2012)