View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 04:32 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippers2 View Post
....Does it need to be a prescription form of magnesium, or could I simply buy it as a vitamin at the grocery store?
I buy mine from the Health store so I assume your grocery store would have suitable brands but when first suggesting I buy some for my own cramps/spasms, my doctor told me to buy plain Magnesium and not a brand that's mixed with anything else like Calcium, etc. You also have to be careful not to get the type that is used as a laxative, but the right one is very effective. So far they have worked and they also work for my husband, who does not have MS.

You could try the search function at the top of the page for more information, and if you posted on our Vitamins Forum, I'm sure that mrsD, our resident pharmacy expert, can tell you how it works and advise you on safe doses and suitable brands for the condition. Here's the link : http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forum49.html

Also, a few years back some of us MSers did a trial on the effects of pure soap on night cramps, where a group of us put a bar of pure soap in the bottom of the bed and then measured the results. Do any of you remember this?

Koala77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (11-06-2012)