View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 04:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Nearly identical

My story is nearly identical to TK.
Went in, went to sleep, vaguely remember being woken as they did the placement, snoozed again, wake up in recovery, dude turns it on...programs it and I walk out PAIN FREE - first time in ..... wow, I have no idea how long.

That afternoon I took a L O N G walk (for me) down to the far end of our block (we're very close to one end) and back. It was 102 degrees and I DIDN'T CARE because I could walk, at a good clip, and not be in debilitating pain.

Tested it extensively over the next 7 days, was very sad to have it out (like TK) but exactly 2 weeks later, to the day, I got the implant.

Having had muscle stim many times over the years I am very familiar with the sensation this gives - I find it extremely soothing (especially since the alternative is NOT soothing! ) although some folks do not like it.

I did have about 5 of the 7 days dealing with pretty bad back spasms in the low-back (entry site) and hoped/prayed this would NOT be the case with the implant. It isn't - not at all. I think it's because there's something there, protruding from the skin and thru the muscles and such. That part wasn't too fun but it wasn't intolerable, at all.

I used this time to start getting used to the restrictions AND to better anticipate what I'd need for post-implant I recommend you do the same.

Hope it goes as well for you as it has for TK and me! I'm enjoying near 100% relief most of the time, down to around 70% on real bad days - overall I call it about 80% - 85% success. "They" call anything over 60% success so - I'm good to go! Only need to charge the unit about 1x/week (it comes out to like 10 or 11 days but I just do it each weekend so I don't have to think about it during the week).

VERY happy with this implant!

*tips his hat*

DFW_Andy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (11-07-2012), Mark56 (11-11-2012), Rrae (11-07-2012), SnowWhyte (11-06-2012)