View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 05:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

hello I am new here. I have developed numbness, tingling and muscle weakness over my whole body after just one day on Metronidazole antibiotics given to me by my dentist for a tooth infection. I went to emergency hospital and was checked over and had CT scan. All fine but 6 days later, the symptoms are still there. Am feeling very panicky that they will never go away.

I stopped the tablets when I looked at the side effects of Metronidazole included PN, numbness, etc.

I have now been referred to a neurologist by my doctor. My son is disabled with a neurological disorder so I do not relish seeing a neuro - have avoided them for 7 years with my son now.

I had been taking a multivitamin complex for about a month before which had high levels of B vits and was worried about B6 being too high - 75mg I think.

Does anyone know anything about this? I've searched the internet and found a lot of evidence for the side effect but not much about whether the symptoms can be helped or permanent.

Not sure if I should try any supplements. Am taking fish oil supplement and contemplating COQ10 and Acetyl L Carnitine having read this website. Bit scared about B vits. I have a healthy diet, don't eat meat and since this year have not had antibiotics for many, many years - I avoid medication as much as poss, even painkillers.

Thank you!
MsMaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (07-20-2015)