View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 08:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default when you have pd

So far so good, it's been 1.5 yrs since dxed. Whenever you make plans for future, in your head you are saying, "but wait! I have pd, what will I be like then, can I even do these things then?"
You get depressed alot, you wonder sometimes if you even have it, your family doesn't think you have it, it's just you looking for sympathy, whining again.
You find out your company offers long term care coverage with an introductory offer of one month w/o a physical if you sign on, and that's the most exiting thing that has happened since you were dxed! Imagine, long term care insurance, so your family won't go broke when you finally need that much care. How exiting, yuck! Who wants to live that long, but you know, no doubt, you will need care.
You are tired constantly, feel sooo old. You don't know if it's the pd or your age or you've overdone it, but whatever, you blame everything on pd.
When you talk to people and somehow it comes up that you have pd, you try not to feel sorry for yourself and say, "Oh whatever, everyone has something!" But truthfully, no one knows what it's like to have pd. Even I don't yet, haven't really had it as long as some. So far, it's no picnic.
I had someone tell me yesterday that she saw Michael J. Fox on tv and he looked so bad! Was jerking everywhere, out of breath, etc. That made my day, but hey, she was just making conversation. Inside you're just praying you never get that bad.
Sigh, I know I sound depressed, I am, but not always, just today. I just switched from effexor to cymbalta, so maybe that will help.
Good thread.
libra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote