View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 01:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Cervical Dystonia/Occipital Neuralgia

I was diagnosed with both, Cervical Dystonia 6 months ago and Occipital neuralgia about 4 years ago. I too get Botox for the neck cramps and spasms which works great for about 2 months. I have tired pretty much every kind of treatment for the Occ. Neuralgia and have been disapointed at the results. The only thing that works a little bit is a procedure called an RFA or Radial Frequency Ablation, its where they go in and burn the nerves that branch off the spinal cord on your neck. This brings my pain down from a 10 to about a 7-8, which isnt much but its something. I still cant work and my quality of life isnt the greatest. No one will truely understand how bad and dibilitating these dieases are unless they experience it. I have done a lot of research on these two dieases and find the majority of people are as fusturated and desperate for help as you and I are. I live around ice packs, procediures, meds and the local E.R. I am hopeful they will find a treatment that helps. I hear the nerve stimulator works well for some but most insurance companies dont cover it. I wish I could be more helpful but I have yet found a treatment that has drastically helped. I hurt so bad sometimes I wish I could just die, even though I dont actually mean that, but pain makes you say things you normally wouldnt. My pain gets so bad in the back of my head and neck that i will throw up for days and will then have to go to the hospital for some I.V morphine. the pain feels like sharp metal in my head. The last person wrote about the Magnesium, it didnt help me at all but maybe it will for you. sorry i cant be more possitive or helpful but Im still looking for something that works for me and in five years I've yet to find it. Ahh to live another day. Hard to stay possitive about something soooo painful
lstacy4665 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote