View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 02:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris4329 View Post
I have an appointment for NUCCA consultation this afternoon but I'd like to know about others experience with PCS and neck issues beforehand.

I'm not entirely sure that I actually have neck issues. These are the only reasons that I think I do, but they could all be PCS if I'm mistaken:
1) Moving head sometimes gives short burst of strange feeling in base of head
2) If I hold my head in a strange position for upwards of 1 minute I start to get mild headaches.
3) Driving over bumps in the car gives me mild discomfort.
4) When I'm trying to fall asleep it takes me a while to find a comfortable position for my head to be in
5) If I lay down and hold my head up slightly and turn my head, I get strange sounds like candy wrapper from my upper spine.

As for my PCS symptoms, the only ones that really remain are:
1) Feeling worn down
2) Concentrating at work brings on strange pressure and tingling at rear of head (changes locations some days but always at at rear of head)
3) Driving for 45 mins+ brings on similar feelings

As for cognitive skills and memory I seem to be just fine. Which is why I find myself pushing the limits often when I'm feeling good. I always have this feeling of "finally, this is all behind me" followed by another bad day...
Just know, some head trauma combines neck and pinched nerve issuse. If you know a physical therapist or massage therapist, they may be able to teach you some self help technices for moderate relief. /excuse my bad spell/ Take Care, Hope you feel better. :-)
Doh:-0 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote