View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 06:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Concussed lawer, it took me a month and a half to start recuperating from my exhaustion. So yes it fell much better but in my case it was a necessity.And i still need to take it very slow.

I do not agree with your internist: you need to rest. it is ok to stay relatively active but if you push too hard physically you will still pay!

I think most medical doctors are afraid that we will become lazy and never recover...Passivity is something that has to be fought againts in chronic conditions...

But I do not think that a highly carreer oriented professionnal lacks the drive to recover...usually it is the opposit.And I think you should make sure that your doctor understand (or realise) who you are and what you need.

If you keep doing too much you might become exhausted and you might fall into depression...like theta said overdoing it "its no fun"...indeed it makes you doubt your own recovery and your ability to have a normal life...and on top of that you just cannot do anything besides resting...so beware.In my case i NEVER want to go through that again.it is to painful.

AS for medication, from the 7 to 10 month post concussion I took ritalin (concerta,vivanse) and i think it contributed to my actual exertion and chronic fatigue.
On ritalin I was walking one hour , training one hour, cooking and...not sleeping much everday.
On top of that it made my attention deficit worst! (i had more impulsivity).

It might be good for some poeple but be careful because it is really hard on the adrenals...so on the long run it can cause a burn out because it hides the symptoms of fatigue.
pepa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Theta Z (11-07-2012)