View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 08:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Your post

Is a good one which illustrates many of the vagaries of being saddled with an "unsure" PD dx. pD can have totally different symptoms in the elderly, because physical and mental "co-morbid" factors are seen to occur more often.
I wishi could give you more details of what my opinions and suggestions would be, based on reading over many years, however, it is dangerous to "play doctor"', even though our opinions are often based on personal familiarity, something which can be superior to just trying to guess about conditions which we have very title real knowledge of. I stay clear of neurologists, simply cause I have been consistently mislead by their ignorance of a "" picture of what is really happening in my unique disease process". I don't blame them, they are highly trained, but it is the odd one who possesses anything else but book learning, and in seeing thousands of PWP, rarely can guess exactly how to treat this multi faceted syndrome condition we know as "Parkinsonism". try to learn all you can about PD, and then you will be an invaluable partner in your mothers treatment.
ol'cs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote