View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 10:12 AM

Location: GulfCoastSouth .... April 2014 rudely displanted to the cold wet windy gloomy NW coast.
10 yr Member

Location: GulfCoastSouth .... April 2014 rudely displanted to the cold wet windy gloomy NW coast.
10 yr Member
Default I think in retrospect that this was true in my case.

pepa wrote: " It might be good for some poeple but be careful because it is really hard on the adrenals ... so on the long run it can cause a burn out because it hides the symptoms of fatigue. "
__________________________________________________ __

Looking in retrospect at my now just 4-yrs post-injury, year #3 last year was my 'good year'. While Rxd low-dose generic adderall & the provigil certainly did help my focus, concentration, capabilities to function highly, to stay on task & keep going, for a period of high-productivity ... I did not take it daily... & I still had to simply rest & not do much else for a day or two after completion of each week's project.

As pepa said, it didn't take long for me to reach 'burnout' w/o realizing that it was indeed happening. (After all, I was still 'resting' for a day or two each week. ) I think that by the time I realized that I was, e.g. 'running on depleted adrenals' (in my personal experience/opinion --- medically considered 'bunk', I realize) --- I think I'd already overdone my true capacity. And the burnout required a long, long recovery (months) of nothing other than quietly resting, because I was incapable of anything more.

I can well appreciate and do respect the "use it or lose it" approach to one's professional capacities. There is validity in that. In my own case, in the long run, it simply wasn't worth the 'costs' to my overall wellbeing.

The professional creative project work over a 4-5 month period of time --> 'recovery time' was over a period of 9 months --- & given that I am older, that has its factor in all of that as well. As Mark often says here, "Your mileage may vary".
Whatever you chose with your drs to do, concussedlawyer, you are your own best judge of your capacities & your greater wellbeing.

Best regards,
Theta
Theta Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote