View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 03:50 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I have the medium resistance putty (it's pink/coral colored). I think it's almost too easy to use. I've used the heavier resistance (green color) that was harder to work with, but that was only at PT. I need to order some of that.

I also have a ergonomic hand exerciser that is really nice. I know I lost a little muscle in my wrist/arm during my last flare. Hoping all these "toys" will help me build up the strength again.

I've also been doing typing exercises. I found a few websites online that have exercises and they time them for me and tell me how many mistakes I've made. Before that flare I used to be able to type 120wpm with almost no mistakes, now I'm lucky to do 70wpm with less than 4 mistakes. (when I started the typing exercises I couldnt do better than 40wpm with less than 6 errors) I'm just happy I can type again with all ten fingers and am not doing two-fingered typing now. (unless I'm on my iPad, then you pretty much do have to do two-fingered typing. I cant do traditional typing on an iPad)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Erika (11-07-2012), SallyC (11-07-2012)