Thread: Seizures?
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 04:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi tos8,

What you are describing sounds like what happens to me right before a complex partial sz. I will start to see colors flashing back and forth in my eyes and I get muscle spasms around my mouth but I'm concsious the entire time. My Dr. told me these were simple partial sz. (aura sz.) that lead into absence or complex partial sz. for me. I started taking vimpat about 1 yr. ago and since then all of that has stopped and I've had very few complex partial sz. In regards to loss of time and confusion this happens to me each time after I have an absence or complex partial sz. I will be doing something cooking, cleaning, etc. and then I come out of a sz. and find myself in a different room and I've done all the work I just don't remember. The best way to describe it is someone whose had a few to many drinks and they don't remember driving home. I know keppra increased my sz. and depakote along with mysoline and diamox worked great for me but then my body got used to the depakote so now I take vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day and that has done wonders reducing my sz. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!
Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote