View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 09:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi guys

Thanks for your replies and support. I just had to vent some the other day and I am just starting to shut down. I am so frustrated with the health care system! I just don't get it.

I saw a Neurosurgeon Friday and I came home crying. He gave the diagnosis of degenerative disc disease. I have all the signs of it according to my MRI of the cervical spine. I have straightening of the lordosis with herniated discs and my whole c spine is narrowing. I have spondylosis. I got to see the MRI since the hospital put it on a disc. The herniated discs are right up against the spine and he thinks that's where my problems are coming from.

Degenerative Disc Disease runs striaght down my familyline along with rheumatoid arthritis. 10 years ago I was told that I had the RA factor when they did a blood test. Nobody looked any further since. My mom has everything that I have going on and she has been getting epidural injections and PT. THey won't do surgery on her.

I have now had 2 neurosurgeons wonder why the heck I haven't been getting PT...and I wonder the same. I've asked for it but the neurologist wouldn't send me for it yet. Instead I've bene getting NOTHING! So now the 2 new surgeons who reviewed my records are suggesting epidural injections and PT and further evaluation.

Nobody has done an MRI of my WHOLE SPINE! Hmmmm....My back has been bothering me (mid to lower back and yesterday my husband scratche dmy middle back and I didn't feel it...it was numb) My left ankle is swollen and my foot is constantly numb, I have pain in both legs and am having trouble walking. I know something is wrong. My husband said I look like I'm 80 years old and I'm only 34! It takes me forever to get upstairs...this is NUTS! What I don'tlike is the numbness I;m getting in my hands and feet. and my back now...this scares me.

So now...I wonder...did the neurologist make a mistake in the diagnosis because he won't even talk to me. I can't get a hold of him. He passed me along to a pain management center. he never mentioned any of those MRI results and I really think he should've looked at everything a little more closely especially given my family history.

I may have TOS too according to the neurosurgeon but he thinks my main source of trouble is my spine.

Now that I have a PPO for insurance ..I am going to look into seeing a rheumatologist. And then a different neurologist for a second opinion. What do you think?

Wishing I could think more positive and be well again!
momzpeachy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote