View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 09:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Hi Rae...and all my other SCS friends!

Hi Rae!

First, thank you for your reply (and thanks to everyone else, as well , the more I hear from others who have been through this, the better I'm feeling about it- it's more helpful than I can express! )

As for my upcoming trial: it will last for 7 days (I already have an appt for a week after to have it removed- btw, no one has mentioned how that part goes... It sounds painful, but I don't believe I'm being sedated or anything for it... This scares me. Can you guys share how the temporary SCS removal process went for you?)

Anyway, I am very excited for the trial! I'm just concerned about taking care of myself, and my dog, afterwards, as bending is not allowed. Do you know is crouching is okay?

Also, I am definitely NOT 'lightweight' when it comes to anesthesia, so I'm going to have to address that w/them for my procedure... I know this from past blocks, and also my bunionectomy surgery that set off my RSD- I woke up multiple times, and truly believe that it had a hand in causing the RSD... but that's just my theory.

My doc has also rushed through blocks before, and started before my sedation was even given... I'm hoping that as this is a much more major procedure, that he'll be more careful with this. But I'll be discussing it with him before, that's for sure!

My big paranoia at this point, like I mentioned already, is the removal... I may call them tomorrow to ask what they plan to do for it... I'm very restless regarding all this, so I don't think I'll be able to wait till my procedure to ask about the removal! Patience is def. not a 'virtue' that I have much of, especially when I'm excited or anxious about something.

Also, when you talk about being partially put under, does this include more than just the minimal sedation used for LSB (blocks) used to minimize anxiety/etc.? Because that's what I keep picturing and it's def. minimal...sounds like not nearly enough to get through this SCS procedure! Have you had both (or similar 'light' sedation in the past)- i.e. are you able to compare the sedation for the two diff kinds of procedures?

That's my other hang-up at the moment, lol...

Thank you so much for your help!

~Colleen
SnowWhyte is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (11-08-2012), Mark56 (11-11-2012), Rrae (11-08-2012)