Thread: mike and vic
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 10:24 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

I too appreciate the kind words, and the fact that I have a worthy adversary who plays by the rules.

I believe discussion and debate are the best teaching tools we have, and here’s why: When my children were growing up they knew that the best way to delay, or even avoid a task they didn’t want to do was to ask dad a question about the Bible. They knew I was always good for at least an hour, and mommy knew better than interrupt daddy when he’s talking about God.

They thought they were getting out of work, but the fact is they had to work hard to come up with a question I felt was worthy of an answer. They learned more about Christ and Christianity by thinking up questions than they ever learned in Sunday School, where like all the other kids, they just sat there with glazed eyes and tried to stay awake.

Today, all four of my children are Christians. Like their father, they aren’t what one might call “good Christians”, but they are Christians, and I know we'll always be together. They don’t go to church very often, but they will go to Heaven, and that’s the most important decision any of us will ever make in our lives.

They know God is real and Jesus really rose from the dead because they read the book and they talked about it and we debated it. They thought they were getting out of doing dishes and I did what every father should do: prepare his children for the future. The future of eternity.

I would rather debate Mike than write the perfect article on RSD, because my articles may be informative, but they are about science and most people think science is boring. Our debates are always interesting. (And, yes, I do keep watch on the number of “hits”. Mike and I always get respectable ratings).

What I really appreciate, however, is that both of you ladies have told this Forum that you began taking grape seed extract (GSE) after reading my posts. For one thing, it gets pretty lonely when you think no one at all is paying attention to anything you say.

The best part, though, is that I’m as confident as a human being can be, that you will probably never have to face that moment of gut-wrenching fear that comes with the discovery that another arm or leg will make your lives even more painful.

Like a TV commercial says: "We couldn't say it if it wasn't true". They might lie anyway, but I wouldn't say it if I wasn't convinced its true. And I wouldn’t feel this hopeful for you if I wasn’t sure you have a better chance of avoiding symptom migration than anyone else in this Forum…Vic

Hmm...maybe we should log on as the Vic and Mike show and take it on the road...ok, the Mike and Vic show. I'm a reasonable guy

The great end of life is not knowldege but action. T. H. Huxley

When in doubt, ask: What would Jimmy Buffett do?

email: :

Last edited by Vicc; 04-29-2007 at 02:51 PM. Reason: I like to tinker with things
Vicc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote