View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 11:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello Mark: I am sorry to hear you are in such pain.

I cannot use the capsaisen as well and switched to aspercreme.

If you are in as bad pain - the medications you mentioned would do the trick. I would talk to your doctors about Emla cream. It has helped me.

I know what you mean about that deep inside ache that will not go away, and what works for me (Naproxen) may not work for you. So I try to stay away from making those types of recommendations.

What type of arthritis did your doc's say you have? Osteo or RA - it is important to know because with one - you can radically change your life with how you eat. RA can be controlled with a anti inflammatory diet. RA runs in my family and my grandmothers had it in their hands and mother in her hips, they lived the traditional subsistence lifestyle, and salmon, berries and fish oils were a part of their diet.

I would talk to my doctors....all the best to you

Kim
Life is a series of mountains and valleys, some days we travel up the mountain effortlessly, some days we fall into the valley - what's important is.....we get up and climb that mountain again ~Quote by Julia Diemientieff, my Grandmother....Yup'ik Elder from Bethel, Alaska
AK Kid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote