View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 04:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default SCS medical trial (Nevro) is scheduled

Well, I promised to keep you informed. My surgery for the first step of my medical trial with the Nevro Senza is scheduled for Friday, November 16th. I will keep the device on the belt exterior to my body for 12 days, and my second surgery will be on the 28th. If this hasn't been brought up here before, for the Nevro installation, the leads are anchored in their permanent position from the start (with the addition of extensions to reach outside the body), so rather than being an office visit, it is an outpatient type surgery at the hospital. Mine are being installed early Friday morning, and they said that I'd likely leave the hospital before lunch. The second surgery is to either implant the pulse generator or remove the leads (In case the device did not function for me.) The second surgery takes about the same amount of time, and again I am home that afternoon. The device cannot be turned on for seven days after implantation because the FDA is concerned that the warmth of the device while in operation might create an area suitable for infection. So, I'll be a week without help after my second surgery. I am both incredibly excited and trying my best to be cautious in my optimism. It is hard though after going for 12 years without any hope at all.

Markjens
markjens is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (11-09-2012), Hannabananna (11-08-2012), Mark56 (11-12-2012), Rrae (11-08-2012)