View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 04:52 PM
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
I wonder how people can't know about global warming. It is fact, not fiction. I live in SW Fla. on an Island and have for 17 years. I am moving, or trying to sell my home as the ocean level IS rising. If you go to the beach over the years, and watch this first hand, fact would be clear. Millions are spent down here in beach renourishment, as we are a tourist destination. In just a few years, sometime less we are back to square one. I don't think new homes should be permitted here, or higher density of people. We should be heading inland, as I am going to do. NYC is a good indicator as well as NJ. One hit here, and we will look just like that....We need to think clearly globally on better directions. Thanks for bringing this up Alffe, it needs to be on our radar. ginnie
On todays show she interviewed this author...Barbara Kingsolver: "Flight Behavior"
November 8, 2012

Barbara Kingsolver talks with Diane about her 14th book, a novel set in Appalachia. It traces the unforeseen impact of global concerns on the ordinary citizens of a rural community and how they are forced to come to terms with their changing place in a larger

I haven't read her book yet but even though it is a novel, the author tries to educate ordinary citizens about what is happening to our planet...in words we can understand.

I wonder when we'll finally get "smart".

Alffe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (11-11-2012), barbo (11-08-2012), ginnie (11-08-2012), Lara (11-10-2012)