View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 10:29 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

pertiman,

You have been given some good advice and some poor information. There is a saying, "If you have seen one head injury, you have seen ONE head injury."

Nobody can predict what it will take for your recovery. The intensity of the injury and the other damage all add up to stress your body's ability to recover. Your studies need to be seriously moderated. You school may have a disability services department. They can possibly help you keep stress down as you let your brain rest.

At your level of hockey, I can say that this is not your first concussion. You also have a long history of sub-concussive impacts. These all accumulate to make your recovery more difficult. How you choose to take care of your brain from here on will greatly effect your quality of life for the rest of your life. Your first priority should be your recovery. Your second priority should be your studies. You need employment opportunities more than you need to play or stay in shape for hockey.

Quiet rest in most important. Also a brain healthy diet and nutrition is important. No alcohol, caffeine, artificial sweeteners, MSG, and intense sugar like high fructose corn syrup.

I have a vitamin and supplement regimen posted in many threads here. Do a search posts for 'magnesium.' You should find a post with the complete list.

And, ignore any time lines suggested by anybody. They are all meaningless. With your history, once your concussion symptoms last beyond a month or so, you need to plan for the long haul.

So, dig in and ask us any questions you have about dealing with your symptoms. There are lots of skills and work-arounds for dealing with PCS symptoms.

We are here for you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote