View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 12:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Attention weening off cymbalta

I have been suffering from depression and anxiety for about 7 years now. I had been started on cymbalta 30mg about 6 years ago. Since then I had been increased to 120mg (two 60mg tabs every morning).
I had yet another huge breakdown about 3 weeks ago and was put into a community crisis stabilization unit. The psychiatrist there made a plan to state weeening me off the cymbakta because I have been on in it way too long nd there were no long term improvements on a certain dose. She put me down to 90mg of the cymbalta and started me on 50mg of zoloft. The first drop was okay. Then last week I was instructed to drop to 60mg. Things were going fine until about 4 days into it. I woke up feeling completely out of it. Its very hard to explain... but since then I have felt spacey, shakey, nauseous, and cloudy. I feel out of touch with reality and feel as though I'm having a difficult time realizing what's going on around me. I feel like I am roaming around not fully aware of what's going on. Its hard to hold a conversation with anyone. And sometimes I feel like I don't know what I am talking about or even remember conversations with people.
I do not have a psychiattist following my drop because the counseling office I am at is taking forever to get me in with one. So the only person following me is my PCP. Which is not very calming considering she admits managing psych medd is out of her expertise.
I have bouts of alot of anxiety, depression, and being frightened about everything.
I assume this is all withdrawel from the cymbalta. Its scaring the crap out of me.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Msinewick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote