View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 02:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Looking for advise, Please!

Hi, I could sure use some help, advise, support, or whatever. I am a 61 year old female & have had peripheral neuropathy for 20+ years, along with a pluthera of other conditions, the most troubling being fibromyalgia. I have been to numerous doctors, had numerous tests, and although all my NCS have shown increasingly severe peripheral neuropathies, the cause has never been determined. Within the past 4-5 weeks, I have started with a new neurological group, had numerous blood/urine tests including GTT...all negative. I have an excellent pain management doctor, now have my 3rd implanted spinal cord stimulator, the list goes on & on, and the twitches/tremors/spasms have been virtually ignored by these new doctors. Although 1 of the doctors suggested I be tested by anti-mag & LP, the other said it was Hereditary Neuropathy, and no further testing is needed. I cannot find any info on Hereditary Neuropathy and wonder if anyone has any information, suggestions, advise, etc. I received this latest DX yesterday...I am frustrated, upset, angry, scared, emotional & just don't know what my next step should be. Just a friendly note would really be appreciated...Thanks!!!
Dlala is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote