Old 11-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlala View Post
Hi, I could sure use some help, advise, support, or whatever. I am a 61 year old female & have had peripheral neuropathy for 20+ years, along with a pluthera of other conditions, the most troubling being fibromyalgia. I have been to numerous doctors, had numerous tests, and although all my NCS have shown increasingly severe peripheral neuropathies, the cause has never been determined. Within the past 4-5 weeks, I have started with a new neurological group, had numerous blood/urine tests including GTT...all negative. I have an excellent pain management doctor, now have my 3rd implanted spinal cord stimulator, the list goes on & on, and the twitches/tremors/spasms have been virtually ignored by these new doctors. Although 1 of the doctors suggested I be tested by anti-mag & LP, the other said it was Hereditary Neuropathy, and no further testing is needed. I cannot find any info on Hereditary Neuropathy and wonder if anyone has any information, suggestions, advise, etc. I received this latest DX yesterday...I am frustrated, upset, angry, scared, emotional & just don't know what my next step should be. Just a friendly note would really be appreciated...Thanks!!!
Welcome to NeuroTalk:
This is our link to hereditary neuropathies.
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread121564.html

We also have some members on the PN forum...so do please look there also.

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forum20.html

Hereditary neuropathies lead to muscle wasting and debility.
Google Charcot Marie Tooth and select images, and you will see what the lower legs look like with this.

Did you get a B12 level done? Do you know the numbers? Doctors say "normal" when they are actually low, because lab ranges in US have
not been changed to reflect the newer therapeutic protocols. So if you are below 400 US units (pg/ml) you need to start supplements ASAP.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote