View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 02:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Dr. Collins MRI/A/V

Quote:
Originally Posted by tic2 View Post
I have blue cross PPO insurance.
I had the MRI/A/V at UCLA on Wednesday and Dr. Collins spent hours with me afterwards going over the results. Dr. Collins is a very interesting and an amazing radiologists and person.
I definitely have TOS with a high left rib and tilted manubrium and compression of subclavian vein , artery and more. My trachea is even pushed off to the side. There was definitely compression of the jugular and venous blood flow at the sigmoid sinus near the left ear. Explains the tinnitus /pulsating tinnitus.

I was great to literally see what was going on and this information will help me get better.

The only bummer was the physician that ordered the test only ordered half of the exam. Found out at the last minute and then his office started to blame other people as to why it was not completely authorized. The office staff said the doctor would not talk to the insurance company to get the rest of the exam ordered. So I ended up paying cash price for part of it. Time to find a different doctor. The fact the doctor would not make one phone call cost me $2K. Insane.

Dr. Collins recommended Dr. McKenna at Cedars or Gelabert at UCLA.
tic2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote