View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 07:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniekins View Post
I have been on Gabapentin since mid July. I am currently at 1200mg x3/day Upon my latest visit to neuro, I was given Nortriptyline 25mg at night to be increased to 50mg at 2 week mark. I have found that since starting the Nortriptyline that I am having trouble sleeping. Before starting it, I was experiencing extrme Manic moments with the Gabapentin which was one of the reasons nortrip was added. I find I take the dose and I do get groggy and sleepy, but within an hour I am wide awake again. I have tried taking right before going to bed, and an hour before even 2 hours before, and while I fall asleep quickly I am still up almost hourly. I was wondering if anyone else has had issues with sleep with this combination, and if there are any suggestions. I really appreciate all thoughts...thank you in advance
I tried the combination of gabapentin and nortriptylene but it didn't work for me. My pain was not any better than with gabapentin alone. Not that gabapentin is perfect but it helps somehow. With the combo, it was scary -- I couldn't control my mind thinking of negative thougghts.
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote