View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 10:33 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

A few things to keep in my mind, even if you can manage the pregnancy, can you manage the care of a child for the next 18 years? My son was in elementary school when my RSD began. It was not easy for him... I was a single parent but had significant family help. You want to make sure your husband understands that your health may decline. You should have a plan in place if you needs additional support with cleaning, running errands, driving, etc. And, what would happen if you became a single parent? I hate to bring it up, but divorce, or being widowed are possibilities that are so much harder when dealing with this type of illness.

Secondly, if you do decide to move forward, don't assume you'll experience normal fertility. It has been discussed that remission can happen temporarily or permanently while going through pregnancy in the early stages, BUT miscarriages can become a problem after you've had RSD for a while. You should probably be off all meds 6 months or so prior to trying to become pregnant... As difficult as it will be to care for a healthy child, caring for a child with special needs can be a 24 hour job.

You may want to consider being a foster parent? Or offer to watch relatives or friends children for an extended period, etc.

Good luck
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
alt1268 (11-10-2012)