View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 07:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Mental fatigue and Diffuse Axonal Injury - anyone feeling the same?

Hi

I wrote a post here a while ago about going back to grad school or not with the symptoms I had then. Unfortunately (but maybe not surprisingly) I had a relapse soon after that, with the most difficult symptom returning at full force: mental fatigue.

I have since then been diagnosed with Diffuse axonal injury(DAI). The doctors are carefully optimistic- one literally.knocked on wood and said he thinks I should get better but it will take a long time. Reading up on DAI makes me depressed - it looks like I am unlikely to fully recover. I also haven't seen to many posts on those who experience fatigue as the most troubling symptom here - or are people just taking for granted that this is a problem and focus on their other symptoms?

I have been home at my parents place for the past five months, not working or studying, take a nap around 3pm every day and sleep a lot - 10 hrs or more at night. Whenever I feel.more energetic and try to get out of the house for more than half an hour I am sure to have a setback the next day. Socializing is very tiring so I dont do that.

Can anyone sympathize with this or give me any advive on how to proceed recovery? I feel like I am stuck - I have been at this level of energy for months now. I get terrified that I will never have enough energy to have a family or resume my studies.. I am 25 years old. But I know these thoughts just aggravate things..

I will say that I found a way to control.my headaches - they originate from the muscles behind my ear and neck, and I massage that area and use a TENS electric impulse.machine to reduce the headaches. acupumcture works well.too.

Any advice on vitamins to take, treatments, and ways to think to not fall into despair are warmly welcomed. thank you!

Safina ( bike accident in April 2012. Symptoms are tension headaches and FATIGUE)
Safina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote