Thread: Seizures?
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 07:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi tos8,

I'm wondering if your temperature going up is maybe triggering some of your sz. I'm no Dr. but I know it can effect some people because the warmer a person gets the more the neurons in the brain fire up and in turn it can trigger a sz. If I may ask has your Dr. ever told you what has caused your epilepsy? Mine came from a scar tissue on the right temporal lobe.

I've been on vimpat for over a yr. and it has helped me a lot. I have only had about 5 complex partial sz. and I've had 30 or more less sz. this yr. than last yr. I will let you know that vimpat can cause a rapid heartbeat and sometimes dizziness for a few seconds. Once you start taking the vimpat and these side effects continue for over 2 weeks let your Dr. know right away. I don't mean to scare you at all I had these side effects but they went away. Also stay away from anything that has nutra sweet (aspartame) in it and check with your pharmacist what cold meds are safe to take. I take Aleve for cold and sinus and that doesn't mess up the vimpat or the other meds I'm on for my sz. (Diamox and Mysoline).

Also over in the United Kingdom they have come out with a cooling device that is used for people with epilepsy. It's put into the person and at the first sign of a sz. it cools the brain down stopping the sz. It probably won't be in the U.S. for another 3-5 yrs. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote