View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 11:40 AM

Location: GulfCoastSouth .... April 2014 rudely displanted to the cold wet windy gloomy NW coast.
10 yr Member

Location: GulfCoastSouth .... April 2014 rudely displanted to the cold wet windy gloomy NW coast.
10 yr Member

Safina wrote: " I also haven't seen too many posts on those who experience fatigue as the most troubling symptom here - or are people just taking for granted that this is a problem and focus on their other symptoms? "

My own experience is that mental fatigue/cognitive fatigue remains highly characteristic of pcs.
It is something ongoing we must work to be proactive, to be preventative, e.g. whenever we are going and/or doing.

crystal mentioned, it is good to allow yourself 'safe' opportunities for being social, e.g. a TBI support group.

It's wise to be protective of yourself as well, e.g. your choosing to not go out with friends in a usual way.
Perhaps 1:1 easy walks together or such may be better.

You are young and that is on your side, re: making a good recovery.

I would highly recommend to your attention for brief, easy reading sessions,
Dr. Claudia Osborn's book Over My Head.

Hoping all the best for you in your recovery, Safina.

Theta

50s Babyboomer; 2008 high-impact rear-ended/totalled-MVC, closed-head injury->pcs ... "Still dealing with it."
1993, Fell on black ice; first closed-head injury; life-altering. // 2014 Now dealing with Peripheral Neuropathy, tremors, shakiness, vestibular disorder, akithesia, anhedonia, yada yada, likely thanks to rx meds // 2014: uprooted to the cold wet gray NW coast, trying to find a way back home ... where it's blue sky and warm!

__________________________________________________ _________
Each and every day I am better and better. I affirm and give thanks that it is so. // 2014-This was still true for me last year, I truly felt this a year ago. Unfortunately it holds no meaning for me now. Odd, it was the Theta mantra for years. Change change change.

Last edited by Theta Z; 11-10-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Theta Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote