View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 02:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Safina,

I can certainly identify with the fatigue that you are talking about. It is one of my most troubling symptoms.

I think, perhaps, that people don't write about it because there are other symptoms - like horrible headaches - that stand out so much more at first.

There are two books that I would recommend. One is Brainlash by Gail L. Denton, PhD. She has one chapter in the book called, "Stamina, Fatigue and Energy". The other book is Coping with Mild Traumatic Brain Injury" by Diane Roberts Stoler, Ed.D., and Barbara Albers Hill. They also have a chapter called "Fatigue".

I don't think that anyone who has not had PCS can understand the fatigue of PCS. I also cannot do anything without thinking about the consequences. If I want to go out to dinner, I have to take a nap beforehand and make sure that we are going someplace quiet in order not to be sick for a couple of days afterwards.

You are young and you have that going for you. As one doctor told me, "Don't give up hope."
I have found acupuncture and Chinese herbs helpful. Another thing that has helped me to cope with things is Mindfulness Meditation. You can look it up online. There are classes given all over the country. It helps you to cope.

I am sorry that I don't have answers, but I really believe that your young age will help and you will get better. In the meantime, continue to rest as your body requires.

Please let us know how you are doing.

All the best, ShellyK
ShellyK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Theta Z (11-11-2012)