View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 08:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default bug crawling sensation at night

I am wondering if anyone who has suffered a mtbi\head injury ever experienced the sensation of bugs crawling on you at night . I experienced this at various times in the last year.

I do not have pets, change bedding often and do not feel this when i take a nap during the day or on some nights or during the day so that would suggest the feeling is not based on an actual bug but the sensations that feel like bugs crawling. I have googled several times and there are theories all around on casues. Some point to stress\depression others to parathesis or neurologic based causes.

I dont have bite marks or anything but sometimes it will cause me to reach down and scratch my ankle leg or chest area etc... Then the feeling appears in a different area

I have seen this is also seen in some head injury patients. I am somewhat reluctant to bring it to my docs attention as everything under the sun seems to be depression and anxiety but I never experienced this until after my accident and like I said it is intermittent. When I feel this way it is diffucult to fall or stay a sleep. I have many other sleepless or little sleep nights where I do not feel this sensation.