View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 08:38 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Safina,

It sounds like your greatest need right now is to get your upper neck injury resolved. The head aches that manifest from your neck and back of your head are classic injuries that go undiagnosed and treated. An upper cervical chiropractor can help. www.nucca.org and www.atlasorthogonality.com can direct your to local clinics.

Do a search for my posts with 'magnesium' and you will find my vitamin and supplement regimen. It takes a month or two to start to see an improvement.

I would not get anxious about the diagnosis of DAI. It does not mean much. It is just an educated guess. Many with PCS have a DAI. Whatever you read about DAI that upset you is likely over-blown.

Most who recover from DAI like brain injuries do it with a combination of learning new life skills and work-arounds and being patient to let the brain heal. I personally find 'Brain Lash' to be too anxiety ridden. Diane Stoller also has a unique personal experience that she tries to claim with fix anybody. Her brain injuries were focal injuries, not global/diffuse injuries.

Please, try to find someone who can help with your neck. Any time you have sore muscles, etc. behind the ears points to an upper neck injury. They can cause miserable head aches. Being active in a way that causes you to turn you head from side to side can cause these head aches to roar to life. I need to be very careful about neck position when I sleep or nap or even sit and talk calmly with my head turned to the side.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote