View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 08:57 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I have had the pain and pinching like jinga mentioned. I get my best relief with myofacial release treatments from my physical therapist.

She taught me an exercise that helps immensely. I have a stretch band attached to a fixed point just above shoulder level. I grab it in my hand and pull it across my chest and as I finish the pull, I try to pinch my shoulder blade to the opposite shoulder blade. I hope my description makes sense. The goal is to exercise the muscle that goes from the top of the shoulder to the base of the neck. This can mobilize the joint at that location.

I have problems at both ends of the neck, C-1, C-2 and C-5, C-6, C-7, T-1.

Some people have false ribs associated with the lower cervical vertebra that can cause trouble. A physiatrist (Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation) doctor requested a special x-ray series to identify my false ribs. He then prescribed physical therapy to correct the issue there.

It made an enormous difference once this was resolved. It flares up from time to time. This is a very common injury in car accidents, especially those with a whiplash effect.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote