View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 05:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Doc thinks RSD, I think TOS!

Hello All...
First let me say a big thank you to the originator, as well as all who posted regarding TOS symptoms thread.

My physiatrist has been trying to dx me with RSD for a while. I questioned him about TOS, but he didn't think it was so due to where my numbness goes. So I guess I'm wondering, what to do.
I had a C5/C6 fusion a few years back, just found out I have a C6/C7 herniation, and a bulge below that...have thought that my worries were my neck.
Shoulder pain OUCH! negative arthrogram MRI, Severe scapular pain [knots that refuse to go away, trigger point injections haven't helped] My right arm gets heavy quick, burning pain runs down it--work at my computer kills me. Oh, and my hand turns purple often [swells too] I can get the purple to go away [raising it up etc.] Severe headaches, base of my skull---have had facets injection for that...hmmmmm. Bought a tens unit...it helps somewhat...ice helps too and heat [RSD'ers tell me to stay away from ice]
I'm supposed to go for a stellate ganglion block [sp] but haven't scheduled it cuz I'm a big chicken...I've been on a pain contract for Vicodin for about a year, take flexoril [tried Neurotin...as well as a few others along the way...no good], and am currently on day 10 of steroids, for my most recent flareup.
I could really use some advice...
OH yes, one more thing...I've noticed a bone, behind my clavical, didn't show up on XRAY, doc says it's not a first rib...yet, no one seems able to tell me what it is...

Thank you in advance...and I apologize for the length [and scatter]

CB

Find at least one blessing a day to count...it will keep you sane!
countblessings is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote