View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 04:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Soccertese is giving good advice.

I tend to agree with Soccertese. I started replying to your other posts several times, and found I could not, because really what you need to be doing is following the advice of a really experienced MDS rather than this e-book.

I have only ever been on sinemet, have an on/off diagnosis like many people do, because PD is hard to diagnose, and am sinemet responsive. I did not find the e-book helpful.

What I did find helpful was the advice of people in this forum, who told me what to expect of medication, and taught me how similar the side effects are to the symptoms of PD, and how to look after myself.

My personal advice to you is either take the neuros advice and give your mom time to settle, because changes do take time, sometimes quite a long time - there are no quick fixes - or get a second opinion from someone experienced.

There are other ways to go, but they are not for the faint-hearted, or in my opinion, the really elderly, as though the are also replacing dopa, they very much do that by trial and error, and take a lot of time.

There is plenty to say that alternatives are helpful, in terms of creating more ease with ones own body, or keeping it moving to help mobility. I have seen little to say that alternatives make a difference to the core problem. Keeping your mom as active as possible is a good way to go, the one constant that I hear is that people improve if they are more mobile. Even a little more mobile helps.

Your real question is does your mom have PD or not. The people who can ascertain that are neurologists, not acupuncturists. On the other hand if you are looking to help your mom feel more comfortable an acupuncturist could possibly be helpful. Reading this e-book is not really an answer or a help. I have to say I went through all the same kind of questions as you after reading it, simply put it made me feel very scared and anxious, without offering me any solutions.

I wish you the best in helping your mom have a better quality of life.
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Thelma (12-11-2012)