View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 12:30 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Smile Not Exactly a Railroad Story

BUT there is a light at the end of your tunnel, and it is the illumination which comes from the other opening, NOT the advancing headlight beam of an approaching locomotive. Yes, there is often a time lapse in awaiting activation of the permanently implanted device after implant. For whatever reason, whether fear of infection, or waiting out the abatement of surgical pain to give better perception to the new stimulus of the stim, that delay is not unusual.

I waited two weeks post implant surgery to receive the go ahead to start up the stim. Two weeks. It seemed a long time, but in retrospect it has faded to inconsequential haze, for the Grand Good Wonderful FEEL of the Stim has so given life Back to me, I can scarce recall specifically how I felt moment by moment waiting for two weeks to pass me by.

The whomping cool thing is developing the realization of effect stim has on your pain profile WHILE the Trial phase is underway. Just as you would roll through the controls prior to lift off in any aircraft you ever flew, you will be as though sitting in that last moment preflight phase before rpms come up once you have the Trial underway. Take that remote and put it through the paces as your rep schools you. With due care, live life during the Trial so you can take note of the benefits and detriments in varying situations. Note with a grin the other posts where a Trial is producing a "gonna go out tomorrow to a birthday party" effort to test the device under stress of life. Give it a go.

Prayin for you here that twelve years may soon begin to fade to history as your future is written one day at a time while you mark steps forward.
Mark56
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (11-13-2012), Hannabananna (11-12-2012), Rrae (11-14-2012)