View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 02:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingforacure View Post
Thanks Laura, but I don't think it's too late...there are countless diabetics who lost weight, ate healthy, began to exercise and now no longer take insulin or are "diabetic": they have reversed their diabetes. I would even call them cured. I have seen this even in my own family. They are fortunate in that they knew what could be done to kick their condition: we do not, yet.

The human body is wired for survival, IMHO. This is a huge advantage over illness
Sorry, I was unclear. I meant in terms of a clinical diagnosis, not that it was not reversible.

I completely agree with you that we are hardwired to survive. This is why I staunchly (until shown otherwise) that our neurons are dying off. It just makes no sense that as complex and awe inspiring as our systems are that we would not have several mechanisms in effect to counter any hits we take.

The whole side of using our ability to self regulate and self heal is ignored and well we all know how frustrating that can be. I almost feel we should be demonstrating outside neuro clinics with signs reading "We have the right to produce our own dopamine" and to inform newbies to help themselves first through exercise, meditation, amino acid therapy before putting them on addictive replacement drug cocktails.

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon72219 (11-12-2012), Arsippe (11-12-2012)