Old 11-12-2012, 01:08 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy2012 View Post
Speaking of supplements I just found unopened bottles from Stephen Sinatra, MD Biosolutions of Omega Q Plus which is:
vit E, Vit B6, Flick Acid, B12, Fish oil concentrate, Lcarnitine and CQ10

I found 4 bottles that have expired 4/12

Of course the company said throw away and get new bottles.

Any opinions??? I paid alot for them but lost them in my move and just found them.

Oh, and a cholestrol Bottle that contains:
phytosterol Esters, Rutin, Hesperidin, Garlic
The fish oils and CoQ-10 could be rancid. If the CoQ-10 is water soluble, not so much.

Open one up and see if the fishoil smells "off".
Sealed containers (light proof? ) are sometimes packaged with nitrogen...but not always. If that is the case, oxidation would be less. I can't find on the site if that is how this is packaged.

Is this the product?
http://www.drsinatra.com/heart-healt...FelFMgodbWEAUA

Lots to go rancid in there if it is.

If it smells off--stale etc... you'll have to toss them. You could break one open and see if it is brownish, or smells "off"...
Sometimes exp dates can be stretched, but with oils, typically they tend to go bad.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Stacy2012 (11-12-2012)