View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 02:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
@ Mustang, All over body symptoms, suggest a toxic or autoimmune issue.

Did you get a vaccine before this started? Were you ill with a virus? Did you come into contact with a chemical at work or with a hobby? Solvents, pesticides?

Did you ever get a Vit D test? What are the results?
Low Vit D leads to paresthesias like you describe. This is due to
low calcium absorption.

You have told us very little about yourself so far.
And you are using alot of that nerve support formula, and since that is all you share here with us, I can only suggest you
STOP taking it. Who knows if it has some contaminant in it, or even has what it claims it has. So STOP taking it and see if you improve. You could be reacting to that!

I recall a while back a brand name Glucosamine Chondritin product, well known, was contaminated with manganese.

@ Jesse M, And as far as a simple blood test for MS? I'd like to hear more about that.

Well, MS was one of the very first things my neurologist tested me for. I went under several blood tests and I took and extensive MRI scan, which included "with AND without contrast" with gadolinium.

It's my understanding that one of the blood tests was indeed a test for MS.
Here (below) are the blood test results I took that day. If that doesn't describe it (I can't actually read these tests -I'm not a doctor.) Then I assume that the MS screening was done under MRI exam.

However, there is no doubt that MS was determined Non-existent by my neurologist.

Blood tests ( I did my best to make this short and clear) I don't know how to post a scanned photo here.

MRI Test results: (I don't know what foci are but I didn't have a headache when I took this exam.)

"Clinical Indication: Headache & multiple hypoesthesias

Findings: MRI of the brain is obtained without and with contrast infusion using routine protocol. There are no relevant prior studies for comparison.

There are a few scattered foci of increased T2 signal intensity in the subcrotical white matter bilaterally. This is a non-specific finding and while it can be seen with demyelinating disorders, is also seen with migraine headache. There are no white matter abnormalities in and around the corpus callisum to be particularly suggestive of demyelinating disorder.

No abnormal enhancement is seen. The CSF spaces are unremarkable.

The paranasal sinuses, orbital, middle and inner ear structures are unremarkable as far as demonstrated in this examination of the brain.

Impression:
A few small scattered foci of nonspecific white matter change. The examination is otherwise unremarkable.

Blood test: (Once again - I don't pretend to know what these readings mean -only that they have been determined as safe ones.)

Antinuclear - Negative

Glucose Serum
GFR estimate, calculated (mL/min/1.73sq m)

Normal >59
Chronic Kidney Disease <60
Kidney Failure <15
Calcium 9.9 mg.dL 8.6-10.5
sodium 141 mmo 136-145
Potassium 3.8 mmo 3.5-5.1
Chloride 107 mmo 98-115
Co2 24 mmo 20-29

HIV Screen
Discern Result Interpretation
Reference range: Non reactive

Rhematoid Factor <15.00 IU/mL 0.00-20.00

RPR test Non-REAC

Thyroxine Free 1.09 ng/dL 0.71-1.85

TSH 2.55 mcu/m 0.34-5.60

Vitamin B12 926.00 h pg/mL 180.00-914.00

There is it - somehow, someway MS was indeed ruled-out for me by not 1 but 2 Neurologists - via these tests,or maybe the combination of them. I hope this helps some.
Jesse M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (11-12-2012)