View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 06:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Laura,

Thanks so much for your kind post. What you describe as being "akinetic" and a brain fog sound very much like what my mom is experiencing right now. I wish the neuro had suggested reducing more slowly, knowing now what I know, but no going back now. It's been about 5 weeks since the first reduction and about 2 weeks since the last reduction, so I think we're still in early stages. She's seems a little more stable now than last week, just real, real weak and slow physically. Her mind though seems pretty sharp externally at times though she says she is in a fog. I have some more feelers out to various practitioners, will see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conductor71 View Post
Oh, wanted to respond to your thought on trying your mom on a lesser dose for awhile. That is kind of built into it at the plateau phase. You would stop decreasing meds just at the threshold where she becomes too uncomfortable or too symptomatic. At that point where she levels out you could assess and see how she does and then you can note differences for a doctor.

I went from an 8 mg reduction in my agonist with no ill effect and was shocked to see that I actually felt better on less of it and some "symptoms" disappeared altogether. Worst part is I was not even aware I was over medicated until my GP told me she thought I had drug induced Bi-Polar Disorder.

Update us!
egghead5 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote