Thread: Mucuna Pruriens
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 12:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingforacure View Post
We are like Steve, we take Banyan mucuna when we need a boost or the sinemet is just not hitting. A full teaspoon usually does the trick, mixed in water (bleh) or milk (this is how they take it in India, I have read). Best way is mixed in a strawberry smoothie made with milk and strawberries

It hits much faster than sinemet, but will also leave off much faster too. Be sure to factor it in with your rx drugs, to keep track of how much ldopa you are taking each day.

BTW, have not ever noticed any dyskinesias from mucuna.
The first time I tried it, I filled up that red measuring scoop that is inside the container, mixed it with some water, and drank it..My God, it tasted like drinking a pile of sand, but I was symptom free for 6 hours..I felt like I was 20 years old again..Untill it wore off, rather abruptly..that was a rude awakeming..I think I took a little bit too much..I didnt take any Sinemet with it

What I have noticed is that I suspect that the Entacapone in the Stalevo seems to stretch it out, and I go off a bit faster than usual, at the end of the day, and I do get some dyskensia, from the Stalevo, but it doesnt last as long..A half teaspoon does it for me, and Im good for the day..I have never gone off in the middle off the day when I do take it, even when I take my Stalevo late..When I am out in the boat I tend to lose track of the time, and have taken my Stalevo 2 hours late a few times, without going off..Without mucuna I would never get away with being that late inbetween doses..I'd be a statue within 30 minutes
Aunt Bean (11-14-2012), lindylanka (11-13-2012), shetawk (11-15-2012)