View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 02:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

This is a long post, so please forgive my rambling here:

Well, in my case there was some really rare things going on - mainly that my Cipro treatment was considered "caught in the act" by the ER doctors and that they were so adamant to readily admit it so early on. I went to the ER after only 2 days of the severe symptoms with the bottle of Cipro with me to confirm that it could be a cause.

The doctor realized I was taking Naproxen regularly with Cipro (a big NO-NO) and then later made the connection that I was also taking the benzo Clonozepam alongside it, too. These 3 meds were a bad mix. He simply said it like it is - and I quote: " Do NOT take NSAIDS with Cipro ever! Stop taking it -and do NOT finish your 2nd bottle." (I was on a 6-week treatment for a prostate infection and stopped at the 3rd week.)

It's such an odd thing that 2 ER doctors figured this out very quickly, while my 1st neurologist even to this day refuses to chalk it up to Cipro (although my new neurologist seems to have accepted this as the "most possible" cause.)

It's really sad that so many urologists prescribe these meds together - I actually asked if it was alright to take Naproxen and I was told it was. What a shame that this dangerous mix still goes on being prescribed when so many doctors figured out by now that this is a very bad thing.

To mrsD:
Thanks for clearing up my misunderstanding - I get it now. And I'm glad you posted your findings about B6, too. I was certainly PARANOID to take in anything with B6. I ate some shredded wheat cereal the other day, then looked at the back of the box and cussed over the addition of B6.

I'm like a lot of other people who have been in extreme pain over a long period of time and am paranoid to an extreme about what I eat...and am definitely super-aware of any medications.

I still get prostate pains from time to time, but that has plagued me for most of my life and it does go away by itself. It sometimes takes 4 months for it to fade away completely -but it does and most of the time, the pain of prostitis is very light. But when I do get a very painful flare-up, as I did a week ago, I can't take any medication for it, just vitamins - (I started taking Lycopene and noticed it faded to near non existence).

The point here, is that I'm so glad that I'm nearly healed, but my life has been changed forever. I can't drink beer/or alcohol the way I used to, or eat some of my favorite foods, or do some of the more heavy weight lifting exercises I was used to. But maybe this is all for the better.

I thank God, that I've been feeling much, much better over the last few weeks -so much so, that I truly feel like I'm finally returning to normal. Still, I'm not there yet...and don't know if I ever will. But I'm at the point now where I can live a happy life, even if I still experience minor pains throughout the day from time to time.

And in addition, I will have to keep my vigilance about eating right and keeping my weight down and such. Strangely, I used to be terrorized of the thought of death, but my attitude has changed dramatically about dying. (No, I'm not dying) I just realize how precious life is and that it's worth the effort to "live right" rather than being complacent and careless about what we accept as medicine. We have to live our lives and not be so afraid of illness and death. Sure, it's sounds corny. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this quirky take on life, or if I'm just having a mid-life crisis of sorts. LOL
Jesse M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (11-13-2012)