View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 09:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I'm sorry your in pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by concussedlawyer View Post
I had my concussion 2.5 years ago. Many of my symptoms have lessened considerably but I still have many bad days. Initially, I took 6 weeks off but then returned to work on a reduced schedule. I've tried everything to get better. (I've seen 4 neurologists, 2 acupuncturists, 2 physical therapist, I got prismatic glasses, am going to a NUCA chiropractor, use a C-pap machine, see a dentist for jaw re-alignment, on a low does of cymbalta for facial neurologia, take lunesta, get a couple of massages a month, meditate daily, avoid alcohol and processed food). Now I'm thinking of taking a couple of months just to rest to see if that kick starts the process. Does anybody have experience with resting two years in? I wonder if this will be a waste. I will take a big financial hit, but if there is a chance it could work, it may be worth it. Or is it better for my brain to keep plugging along? I can still perform my work, it is just exhausting and I don't have much left over for my husband and kids. Any insights out there?
Hello first off sorry for your constant head pain and all the syptoms. I can kinda relate with you. I have psdotumer papademia, meaning there was too much spinal fluid on the brain and actually almost cost me my sight in the beginning, when we didn't know what was going on. That was in the 80s and I happy to say we have kept it at bay with no need of surgery only meds to keep under control. However a concussion is by far the sickest I have ever been. I had a provoked brain stem when they let pressure off the brain.
I am so sorry for your long time discomfort.
Personally I would live for yourself and your family, meaning be the best you can be by takeing care of your body. Rest its what your body is telling you. Maybe if you try that you'll heal faster, from your bruised brain. It slowed me down and I do have it return once in a blue moon, but rest makes my body feel its best and that makes my family happier too. Of course they worry and I don't like to cause it as much as possible.
Money isn't everything, you are more important then that, and if you heal, you'll be back in the office again. what ever you do decide, take it slowly because I'm sure that you are precious to them.
God Bless and Good Luck,
SalfuZ

Last edited by mrsD; 11-13-2012 at 09:20 AM. Reason: fixing quote function for clarity
SalfuZ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
concussedlawyer (11-13-2012)