Thread: Mucuna Pruriens
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 11:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi there,

I have some dopa bean tablets(solaray brand) which I bought for my Dad. Has anyone taken this? Does anyone think it would help with tremor?

My Dad was diagnosed three years ago and his main symptoms are tremors in hands. The neuro has not put him on meds yet.

Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevem53 View Post
The first time I tried it, I filled up that red measuring scoop that is inside the container, mixed it with some water, and drank it..My God, it tasted like drinking a pile of sand, but I was symptom free for 6 hours..I felt like I was 20 years old again..Untill it wore off, rather abruptly..that was a rude awakeming..I think I took a little bit too much..I didnt take any Sinemet with it

What I have noticed is that I suspect that the Entacapone in the Stalevo seems to stretch it out, and I go off a bit faster than usual, at the end of the day, and I do get some dyskensia, from the Stalevo, but it doesnt last as long..A half teaspoon does it for me, and Im good for the day..I have never gone off in the middle off the day when I do take it, even when I take my Stalevo late..When I am out in the boat I tend to lose track of the time, and have taken my Stalevo 2 hours late a few times, without going off..Without mucuna I would never get away with being that late inbetween doses..I'd be a statue within 30 minutes
bubblyshar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote