View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 01:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'll try to help:

A bulging disc is NOT the same as a herniated disc. A herniated disc actually bursts thru whereas the bulging disc does not.

A broad based disc osteophyte complex is a large or more than one bone spur.

Bilateral unconvertebral hypertrophy is overgrowth of bone.

Complete effacement of the ventral CSF space, means it takes up all the space.

"Mild mass effect upon the ventral aspect of the spinal cord - it means it doesn't have a huge effect on the spinal cord - only a mild effect.

Mild bilateral neural foraminal narrowing -- the foramen is the hole where the nerves go in to the spinal cord -- there is mild narrowing. And again, it says that it is taking up all the space.

I'm sorry I cannot answer your questions regarding your shoulder. I'm more the cervical & lumbar person. LOL I don't have experience with shoulders, etc.

Perhaps someone else who has had these ailments can chime in and help you with this. I sure hope so.

Maybe DUBIOUS will help! And i hope he corrects anything I got wrong too!
God bless & take care. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
HoneyBee (11-13-2012)