View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 01:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi ~ I'll try to help:

At C3-4 you have a disc bulge - the central canal is narrowed to 8 mm -- that's TOO MUCH.

At C4-5 - you have a disc protrusion which contacts the right side of the cord, and the central canal is narrowed to 8 MM -- TOO MUCH. There is mild foraminal narrowing. The foramen is the hole that the nerves pass thru to get to the spinal cord.

C5-6 - You have a disc bulge & also a protrusion. Due to this the ventral subarachnoid space has been completely wiped out/closed. The central canal is narrowed to 7mm - too much.

C6-7 - You have a disc protrusion. The ventral subarachnoid space is completely closed and there is contact with the central cord. The central canal is narrowed to 6mm. SEVERE right & left neural foramen narrowing.

C7-T1 - You have a disc bulge & a disc protrusion. The ventral subarachnoid space is closed. The central canal is narrowed to 7mm. No neural foramen narrowing.

I should mention that the "arachnoid" space (I THINK) is a lining which travels almost the whole length of the spinal cord. There are other "linings" between the arachnoid space and the cord, but I cannot remember what they are! I hope DUBIOUS will chime in a correct me if I'm wrong. I tried looking it up here on the Medical Dictionary, but I couldn't get it to work! And I can't remember my anatomy. So I could be very very wrong.

I hope this helps a little. I wish I could have helped you more. Please take care and God bless! Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (11-15-2012), mg neck prob (11-14-2012), ReeseCup913 (11-13-2012)